Shanti Omstead is an organic farm and host site for Agricultural Apprentices to live and work on our 5-acre off-grid homestead near Payson, Arizona.
Potential applicants should have the goal to build the necessary skills and hands-on experience to pursue a career in agriculture. Farming can be very demanding physically and mentally, and prospective apprentices should be invested in pursuing a farming lifestyle.
Arizona Agricultural Workforce Development Program Requirements for Agricultural Apprentices:
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply
- Must physically be able to perform the work of the trade with reasonable accommodations and without hazard to themselves of others
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Must complete a minimum of 130 hours of work
- Must complete a skills checklist for a work readiness certificate at the completion of the apprenticeship